Affinity Home Care is seeking an Occupational Therapist on a contingent basis in Charlevoix, Cheboygan and Otsego counties.
How you’ll make an impact as a Home Health Occupational Therapist
- Work one-on-one with patients when and where they need the most help – in their home!
- Empower patients to live safely and productively in their home and complete the tasks they want to do and need to do every day
- Help patients and families adapt their environment, modify tasks, and use equipment to improve participation in daily activities and improve quality of life
- Implement occupational therapy services in accordance with physician’s plan of treatment
- Assist the physician in the evaluation and assessment of the client’s level of functioning by applying appropriate tests and assist in the development and revision of the plan of care
- Treat the client through use of therapeutic activities designed to restore function and self care activities for improving function
- Observe, record, and report the clients’ reaction to treatment and any changes in the clients’ condition
- Assess and regularly re-evaluate the needs of the client to develop and revise the client’s plan of care
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client’s health, safety and independent living.
- NBCOT certified upon hire, but renewal is optional going forward
- Graduate of an accredited program in occupational therapy (BSOT or MSOT)
- Currently registered/licensed in Michigan. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an occupational therapist